Using water and soap to wash your hands is always what we do if we want to disinfect our hands from germs, bacteria, and viruses. But soap and water is not always available, this is why we need hand sanitizer with us at all times to disinfect our hands.
Your hand sanitizer must always have at least 60%-95% alcohol content for its effectiveness for disinfecting and avoid spreading illness.
You can make a hand sanitizer at home with these simple steps. It is more practical than using plain alcohol since you can double or triple the amount of your disinfectant by making homemade hand sanitizer.
How to make Hand Sanitizer at Home:
Things you need:
- Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) with concentration of 91%
- Aloe vera gel
- Essential oil (optional) such as lavender or lemon
- Clean container or bowl for mixing and airtight container for storage.
- Spoon for mixing
- Combine aloe vera gel with isopropyl alcohol in a clean container. To get 1 cup of sanitizer, combine ⅓ cup of aloe vera gel with ⅔ cup of alcohol.
- Mix it with a spoon thoroughly. Make sure that the alcohol is evenly distributed throughout the gel.
- You can add drops of essential oil for the scent and to make the hand sanitizer more nutritious to the skin.
- Store the homemade sanitizer in an airtight container. Alcohol evaporates with time, so an airtight container will keep your sanitizer effective for longer.
Homemade hand sanitizer is as effective and safe as the ones you buy at drugstores. If you don’t have the resources to make a homemade hand sanitizer but you still want to stay at home, you can buy Nixod Advanced Hand Sanitizer online at Arishine Beauty. You can buy it for 20 packs for a cheaper price.