Disinfectants are essential in our life, especially today, since we are preventing the spread of coronavirus. As the number of cases increases, the essentials are getting out of stock in the nearest grocery stores, such as alcohol, paper towels, and hand sanitizer. Though we can buy hand sanitizer online for a cheap price.
That is why we need to expand our resources by making homemade necessities. With this guide you can make your 1 liter of alcohol into 2-3 liters of hand sanitizer, which has the same amount of effectiveness against germs and viruses.
Ingredients you need:
- Isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (91-99 percent alcohol)
- Aloe vera gel
- Drops of eucalyptus, peppermint, or other essential oil (optional)
Steps on making homemade hand sanitizer:
- Make sure you clean thoroughly the place you will make the hand sanitizer, as well as your hands and tools.
- In each ⅔ cup of alcohol, mix ⅓ cup of aloe vera gel in a clean bowl or container. Use a wire whisk for easier blending.
- Put 3-5 drops of essential oil, eucalyptus, or peppermint, in the mixture.
- Whisk the mixture until it is all well blended.
- Put the hand sanitizer in a clean container.
Always mind your surroundings and your health. Hand sanitizer is always an option when soap and water is unavailable. Help reducing the spread of coronavirus today.