Dandruff is a common skin problem. If you notice white flakes on your scalp and it starts to itch, that is a sign that you have dandruff.
Even though dandruff doesn’t cause serious side effects to your health, it can be really frustrating. Continuous and uncontrollable scratches in your scalp can cause discomfort and can also lead to inflammation of your skin if you scratch too much.
There are different ways of treating dandruff such as using medicated shampoos and treating it with natural remedies. One of these is using aloe vera. But will it work?
How aloe vera might help treating dandruff?
Aloe vera is used in treating burns and minor wounds. With its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, it can help treat the dandruff problem. It also contains minerals, vitamins, amino acids and other components that aid skins to heal.
It moisturizes dry skin and it is long lasting.
- It has enzymes that can help reduce inflammation when applied to the skin.
Just a precaution before applying aloe vera to your skin. Make sure you are not allergic to aloe vera. If it is your first time using it, apply a small amount of aloe vera gel into your elbow or palm and watch for allergic reactions such as redness of the skin, burning sensation, or itchiness and irritation. If you are allergic to onion or garlic, you are most likely allergic also to aloe vera. But it is safe in every way unless you are allergic.
How to use aloe vera against dandruff?
You can find aloe vera gel if you have aloe vera plants in your garden. You can also buy some from grocery stores near you or buy online which is easier because there are ready-made aloe vera gel online that you can buy which are also safe, organic and comes with a cheap price.
To get the gel inside the aloe vera plant:
- Use a knife to cut off the leaf of the plant. Be careful in cutting the edges and don’t get yourself hurt by the thorns of the plant.
- You will see a yellow fluid inside. Hold the aloe vera leaf upright with the cut side facing down to let the yellow fluid drip. You don’t need this to treat the dandruff but it has other uses so you can store it in a separate container.
- Cut the top layer of the leaf carefully and you will see the gel inside.
- Use a spoon, which is the easier way, to scrape the gel inside and put it in a separate container.
You can store it in the refrigerator or freezer to keep it fresh for a week.
- Before shampooing, apply the gel in your scalp and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Use a mild shampoo to rinse it.
- Repeat the process 2 to 3 times a week for better results.
Always remember that there are many ways of treating dandruff and this may not work on you perfectly so find what works best in your scalp. The aloe vera gel is proven to help treat dandruff by the experts so try it out if this works to you too. I recommend this ready-made Aloe Vera Gel from Arishine Beauty which is safe, cheap, and reliable.