Nail fungus can give us the worst feeling we could ever have, an uncomfortable and embarrassing feeling is the two of them. It is usually found in toenails but it can also happen in your fingernails so you should be aware of that.
You may notice a thickening of your nails, discoloration of nails; yellowish, and yellowish-brown, for example, brittleness, or releasing slightly foul smell, those are the sign and symptoms of nail fungus. Thankfully we can avoid it by just knowing what really causes nail fungus and taking preventative actions. We compile most of the common causes of nail fungus in this article.
The root cause of nail fungus are microscopic organisms that can cause an overgrowth of fungi. It often develops in toenails since it is usually inside your shoes, where the warm environment allows fungi to thrive.
Walking barefoot in public areas. You should always wear footwears like flip flops in shower rooms or pool areas since these places have more risks to get a fungus that can affect your nails.
Having an Athlete's foot. Toenail fungus has a similar type of fungi that can cause jock itch, athlete’s foot, and ringworm, so having an athlete’s foot condition may trigger nail fungus.
- Injury to the nail. Blunt or acute trauma can cause fungal infection. This could be when an infection occurs again and again; when you wear tight fitted shoes, for example. Or a blunt trauma can cause your nail to be more susceptible to an infection.
- Wear footwear made from breathable materials.
- Disinfecting your shower area in your house.
- If you come in contact with infected nails, wash the area as soon as possible.
- Mind the nail salon you will go for manicure or pedicure. Ask them if they disinfect their nail tools always.
- If having sweaty feet, change your socks throughout the day and wear good quality material socks.
- Use antifungal sprays or powder in your shoes.
The best preventative measure you can do is be hygienic to your feet all the time.
You can buy Antifungal nail cream and solution from Arishine Beauty for treating your nail fungus, quick, easy, and safe.